VS VB6 VB5 VBA
The Code Library Personal Options, Code Library Team Options and the Exception / Error Handlers Options allow you to associate an "expansion keyword" for each code template. The keyword expansion feature works as follows:
- Define the keyboard shortcut that you will use to expand the keyword:
- For : Go the window of , section , and locate the command for Visual Studio 2015 and higher and the command for Visual Studio 2013 and lower. Then, associate a shortcut key to that command.
- For : Go to the Keyboard Shortcuts Options and associate a keyboard shortcut (for example, Ctrl+Shift+E) to the feature:
- Associate an expansion keyword to a code template or exception / error handler (for example "scm" in this image):
- In your code window, type the expansion keyword that you have defined for the code template (for example, "scm" in the previous image):
- While the cursor is at the end of the typed keyword, press the keyboard shortcut defined in the first step (Ctrl+Shift+E in the example). The typed keyword in code is replaced (expanded) by the whole code template: